What is Your Ideal School?
What if school inspired and engaged?
What if classes offered relevant learning experiences?
What if students could develop the skills most valued by employers?
Transformed schools exist today.
At New Tech Network, students are solvers and creators. They learn to collaborate and communicate. Through challenging, authentic projects, they learn to adapt and engage in the world around them.
New Tech Network (NTN) is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. NTN works closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement.
The network continues to grow because our school model is effective at producing powerful student results. Our robust national network of schools consistently develops students that can think critically, manage their own learning, collaborate and communicate effectively.
NTN schools consistently outperform national comparison groups on measures of higher order thinking skills, high school graduation rates and college enrollment rates:
- Students grow 61% more in higher order thinking skills between freshman and senior years than comparison group
- Graduate at a rate 9% greater than the national average
- Enroll in college at a rate of 70%
- Persist in 4-year colleges at a rate of 92% and in 2-year colleges at a rate of 72%
Who We Are
New Tech Network’s roots lay in business and community concerns that high school graduates were inadequately prepared to be the self-directed problem-solvers and collaborators that the contemporary workplace demands. Success with the first school in Napa, California led to the creation of NTN as a national non-profit organization, which has guided this movement’s growth. Today, New Tech Network consists of nearly 200 schools, in 28 states and Australia.
What We Do
NTN has developed a comprehensive school model, a proprietary learning management platform, tools, resources, training events and implementation plans delivered by an exemplary team of coaches that enable school districts to reinvent schools with their local teachers through a multi-year partnership. While many organizations aspire to improve instructional practice, NTN’s approach creates and sustains changes to instruction across an entire school by also helping change the conditions that surround teaching and learning.
Culture that Empowers
- By making learning relevant and creating a collaborative learning culture, students become connected to, engaged with, and challenged by their school, their teachers and their peers
Teaching that Engages
- Through project-based learning, students become problem-solvers
Technology that Enables
- Through a technology-rich environment, teachers and students create, communicate, access information, and experience self-directed learning
Outcomes that Matter
- New Tech Network learning outcomes measure collaboration, written and oral communication and the development of student responsibility for their own learning, or agency
Where We Are Headed
With a growing network, a proven model, and a demand for more district-level support, NTN is a catalyst for rapid innovation, improvement and scale. Public school districts are now turning to NTN to support the spread of innovative practices across multiple schools at all grade levels.
As districts implement the NTN model and turn one successful school into many, multi-school organizational change will become a major expansion strategy. By dramatically increasing the number of schools impacted by NTN’s proven model for change, many more thousands of students will have the chance to be leaders, innovators, and positive contributors in the world.
We are told to think outside the box. We are able to push the boundaries of our minds and expand and grow like never before. We have access to what we need to start on our own journey of self-discovery.