P21’s Skills for Today week emphasizes how 21st-century learning and particularly the 4Cs – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity – empower all learners to gain the skills they need for college, career, and life success.
In addition to raising public awareness about the critical importance of 21st Century Learning, the “Skills for Today” week will focus on highlighting and celebrating P21 Exemplar School, District, and Beyond School Organizations’ best practices around 21st Century Learning and the 4Cs.
Monday, April 23 – 4Cs in College, Career, and Life
P21 will highlight how the 4Cs can equip students with the skills they need to succeed in college, career, and life.
- P21 will highlight and promote the 4Cs Research Series via social media channels;
- P21 will kick-off the Skills for Today campaign at #P21Exemplar New Tech High School in Napa California. This event will be live-streamed at 9am PST on the P21 Facebook page.
Tuesday, April 24 – Early Learning
P21 will underscore its commitment to early learning and show how crucial it is to begin college and career readiness in the early years.
- P21 will highlight and promote the Early Learning Framework and Guide via social media channels;
- P21 will host an in-person event at #P21Exemplar Goddard School located in Hillsborough, New Jersey which will be live-streamed on social media channels.
Wednesday, April 25 – Citizenship
P21 will establish itself as a salient voice in the timely conversation about what it means to be a citizen in our rapidly shifting 21st century world.
- P21 will highlight and promote the Reimagining Citizenship in the 21st Century Guide via social media channels;
- P21 will host an in-person event on citizenship day at #P21Exemplar Arroyo Elementary School in Ontario, California which will be live-streamed on social media channels.
Thursday, April 26 – Beyond School
P21 will illustrate how beyond school programs, a vital part of learning, can instill the 4Cs beyond the classroom and incorporate these skills across extra-curricular and after-school settings.
- P21 will announce the anticipated fall release of the Beyond School Framework and Guide and the opening of the 2018 application for the 21st Century Learning Beyond School Exemplars as well as highlight and promote the #P21Exemplar Patterns of Innovation report and webinar series;
- P21 will host an in-person event at the #P21Exemplar Everwood Day Camp in Sharon, MA which will be live-streamed on social media channels.
Friday, April 27 – Global Learning
P21 will highlight how 21st century learning is a global effort—and provide states and educators with a robust strategy to embed global competency in education.
- P21 will highlight and promote the Framework for State Action on Global Education and announce the launch of the Global School’s Network via social media channels;
- P21 will host an in-person event at #P21Exemplar Inspired Teaching Demonstration School in Washington, D.C. which will be llive-streamedon social media channels.