New Tech Network
In the 20 years since its founding in Napa Valley, CA, New Tech Network (NTN) has partnered with over 200 districts and schools to bring Project Based Learning (PBL) to 4,400 teachers and 72,000 graduates. NTN’s design-driven PBL education delivers impressive results: 92% graduation rate (+9% of national average), 52% growth in critical thinking skills, and 82% college persistence. Since 2010, NTN nearly quadrupled the number of schools with graduating classes in diverse socio-economic demographics.
NTN isn’t done; while there is widespread awareness that traditional education doesn’t meet student needs, districts and schools need proven methods to ensure success.
What’s the opportunity?
To reach new schools and districts, NTN seeks to make a market that until this point came naturally. Strategic content and communication play major roles in NTN’s growth initiative.
We believe the Social Media and Content Specialist is a key organizational role to help realize our goals!
The Social Media and Content Specialist role is a virtual role.
What will I be doing?
The Social Media and Content Specialist will serve two roles:
- for an external audience, as NTN’s engaging, informative and entertaining voice on social media channels, as well as writing longer form content like blog posts, and
- for an internal audience, as a content expert creating valuable collateral for sales, marketing and our leadership team
Education innovation is one of the country’s biggest challenges; we want to lead the conversation with what we believe to be the best and proven solution.
Develop and distribute engaging content for NTN’s digital and social media channels to grow our audience, create brand awareness and move potential clients along the decision journey
- Work with NTN’s marketing team and thought leaders to communicate our point-of-view in thought-provoking, informative and compelling ways
- Identify, monitor, and build rapport with key education thought leaders and influencers; we want to carry a conversation!
- Support live events onsite, including NTN’s annual conference and other regional-based showcase events and school visits
- Develop and blend the Big Idea with insight and data to appeal to a wide audience of educators
- Collaborate with client-facing teams to understand the the issues facing today’s educators; tune content for audience resonance
- Support internal stakeholders (e.g. sales or the Leadership Team) to create compelling content for current clients
- Engage in a test-and-learn approach to content curation; establish a measurement framework to guide future iterations of work
- Report monthly on content performance, insights and recommended improvements
As a key member of the marketing team, help establish and manage NTN’s content planning and operations
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop annual social and digital media goals and strategies aligned with those of the business
- Work with marketing leadership to establish a growth-based measurement framework so that the organization may evaluate the impact of our content efforts
- Demonstrate the Design-Draft-Do process to ensure we capture the creative insight, make the work the best it can be and publish with the stakeholder’s approval
- Research, analyze and share with the organization digital-content trends relative to NTN’s objectives to support our function as a learning organization
- Potentially: manage agency relationships to ensure similar standards for all work
Who will I work with?
The Social Media and Content Specialist will report to the Director of Digital Marketing and work directly with the Marketing team and organization leaders — sales, research and events — to plan, shape and distribute content.
What should I be good at?
It would be really great if you had these things:
- Exceptional writing skills
- A curious, entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset
- Demonstrated storytelling experience across multiple media: text, video, audio
- 5+ years of digital media experience, specifically social
- Familiarity with content publishing platforms, specifically Social Media Management Platforms comprising publishing, workflow, engagement, listening and reporting functionality
- Experience developing digital and social content strategies
- Familiarity with content distribution via owned, earned and paid channels
- Defining and shaping content production process
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to pitch in and show self-initiative.
- Superior professionalism and confidentiality
- Commitment to the purpose and cause of PreK-12 education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and follow through, with the ability to build long-term relationships and resolve conflict effectively.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F. New Tech Network maintains a drug-free workplace.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
If you have an interest in applying for the Social Media and Content Specialist role, please email Christine Lintz at email@example.com