NEW TECH NETWORK
New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement.
There are nearly 200 schools in 28 states and Australia in the New Tech Network. Visit a school today!
The New Tech Network’s School Development Coach, under the supervision of the Senior Director of School Coaching, is responsible for the delivery of coaching, training, and consulting services that yield improved student learning outcomes while supporting the implementation of the New Tech Design Principles at school sites across the nation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide coaching, training, and consulting services to a New Tech school site and district leadership and staff to foster the core practices and principles of the New Tech model in the areas of culture, pedagogy and use of technology.
- Assist school site leadership to develop a collaborative professional environment that uses data-driven decision making protocols, reflective practices, and critical analysis of benchmarks to ensure continued school improvement.
- Assist New Tech teachers in the development and implementation of standards-based, rigorous and relevant project based learning units measured against specified quality benchmarks.
- Speak with accuracy, authority and confidence about the key aspects of the New Tech Design Principles, and effectively develop and conduct trainings, workshops, and presentations that meet the NTN standards of professional development.
- Provide online and onsite support and training of the NTN Learning Management System (Echo).
- Actively contribute to the NTN online professional environment by developing resources, reviewing submitted projects and resources, and identifying and collecting best practices from throughout the network.
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of national training and professional development events.
- Serve as a lead and/or team member for various NTN projects or events.
- Work collaboratively with members of the NTN staff in face-to-face, virtual and online environments to ensure that the needs of the client are being met.
- Assist with the coordination of and collection of data for NTN evaluation process.
- Provide regular written reports on the progress at the school after each site visit and document all additional services / interventions provided to the school site.
- Maintain accurate time, expense, and activity records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Four or more years of teaching and/or administrative experience required
- Experience teaching and/or providing leadership in a project-based learning environment is required; time working in a New Tech school is desirable.
- Teaching certificate or administrative credential is desirable.
- Highly skilled in inquiry-based instructional practices with strong consulting and coaching capabilities
- Experience designing and implementing structures/practices that foster positive school culture at the high school level
- Experience in infusing technology into the classroom as a learning tool.
- Successful organization and implementation of staff development activities. Able to identify problems and effectively gather resources to create a solution.
- Prior experience as an instructional or leadership coach or trainer is preferred.
- Highly skilled in driving to results through planning & execution, critical thinking and problem solving, and effective decision-making processes.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Able to work and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and develop strong relationships with various constituencies within and outside of the New Tech Network.
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision, influence key stakeholders over whom you have no direct authority, and delicately balance oversight with support.
- Ability to travel (50%).
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Lintz at firstname.lastname@example.org.