New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network.
The Events Coordinator will be primarily responsible for coordinating events with New Tech Network. Events will include conferences, regional and national trainings and other events throughout the country. Event management will include logistics, registration, information dissemination, billing and more. This candidate must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. This position should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. This position requires travel and extended work hours during conferences. Must have event planning experience. This position requires travel and extended work hours during conferences.
Location: Remote based position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the planning of event details such as logistics, room set, food and beverage, A/V and It requirements, venue sourcing and more.
- Manage the preparation of meeting supplies as needed for each event to include badges, signs, agendas, promotional items and more.
- Work with speakers, VIPS and special guests for all needs from contract to accommodations
- Prepare presentations in keeping with brand protocol and company standards for speakers.
- Oversee the registration management process including reporting, changes, due dates and more for specific events
- Work in conjunction with Senior Events Manager to schedule and hire additional staff as needed
- Track all invoices and aid in the development of invoicing procedure
- Work with Senior Events Manager to manage correspondence with various stakeholders including VIPs and guest speakers
- Material and agenda creation for events as needed
- Manage and monitor all project due dates and timelines with various project leads
- Monitor and manage all printing deadlines and act as liaison with printer for signage and agenda creation
- Manage the ordering and shipping of all necessary supplies to and from the event, including promotional materials
- Track and correspond with outside vendors as needed
- Provide budget reporting and timeline reporting for each event including actuals, forecasting, check requests associated with event, credit applications and more.
- At least three years experience in event design and management
- NTN is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity in our organization
- Strong familiarity with software associated with event management, such as Cvent and Salesforce
- Strong experience with social networking, communication and networking.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships based upon trust, respect, effective communication, and achievement of common goals
- Highly skilled in driving to results through planning & execution, critical thinking and problem solving, and effective decision-making processes.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and develop strong relationships with various constituencies within and outside of the New Tech Network.
- Professionalism a must
- Highly organized and efficient
- Attention to details, able to see big picture, with an eye to all minor details
- Able to balance a budget and execute to plan
- Collaboration and ability to bring divergent teams together
- Innovative and creative in ideas and concepts
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Ability to travel (25‐40%).
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
The Events Coordinator has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
If you have an interest in applying for this role, please email Christine Lintz at email@example.com.