New Tech Network
New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network.
In this capacity, The Education Data Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Research. This is a full-time position.
Location: Remote based role
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Education Data Coordinator will monitor tasks for research and data projects (tracking contracts, requesting/collecting data, coordinating with external vendors, and tracking milestones/timelines). This will include tracking agreements with schools and communicating regularly with schools to arrange for data collection.
- The Education Data Coordinator will support the launch, analysis, formatting, and reporting of survey data as needed.
- The Education Data Coordinator will produce pieces of high-quality reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders providing data summaries.
- The Education Data Coordinator will oversee the flow, organization, retrieval, and descriptive analysis of school level data in Salesforce. The Research & Data Management Coordinator will retrieve school level data from public sources (NCES) and organize in Salesforce. Experience creating reports in Salesforce is a plus.
- The Education Data Coordinator will implement approaches to projects under the direction of the Senior Director of Research and apply a variety of methods to analyze data and to generate findings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, science, statistics, survey research, social science research, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year training, coursework, or experience in data management and analysis; including the management of large complicated datasets
- Willingness and ability to develop new quantitative skills and methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of teams, working on several projects at once and setting and meeting reasonable timelines
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 20%
Any combination of the following skills:
- Training or experience in project management (Asana a plus)
- Previous work with NCES databases a plus
- Previous work in Microsoft Access or Oracle a plus
- Previous work with Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated skills with quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, HLM, STATA, r, etc. as well as qualitative data analysis software a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status, and that all are given every opportunity to succeed.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors, and visitors.
This role has access to sensitive and confidential information and is trusted to maintain this information, files, and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information, and other business-related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Lintz at email@example.com.