New Tech Network
New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement.
There are nearly 200 schools in 28 states and Australia in the New Tech Network. Visit a school today!
In this capacity, the College Access Data Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Research. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Data Coordinator will support the project team in the collection, cleaning, storing, and reporting of high school college access data. This includes formative data collected throughout the academic year from the school-based personnel and summative data from National Student Clearinghouse and state sources.
- The Data Coordinator will support the data needs of 1) the schools as they engage in continuous improvement cycles and 2) the project evaluation team.
- The Data Coordinator will support the data needs of 10-50 schools as it relates to college access tracking which could include Naviance or Salesforce.
- The Data Coordinator will coordinate the collection of data from school sites and this could include data extracted from Student Information Systems (SIS) or Learning Management Systems (LMS). Understanding, or willingness to learn, the structure and processes for collecting and storing data at the school level in these systems will be helpful.
- Project evaluation:
- The Data Coordinator will monitor data and evaluation tasks (requesting/collecting data, coordinating with internal and external sources, and tracking milestones/timelines).
- Data Coordination tasks may include:
- Collect, process, and manage a variety of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Design, implement, and manage innovative strategies and mechanisms to ensure consistent data collection processes.
- Sort, update, and merge data files from a variety of sources.
- Evaluate data quality and perform data-cleaning operations.
- Prepare summary and detailed data reports, including creating graphs and tables using excel or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, science, statistics, survey research, social science research, or related field
- Training, coursework, or experience in data management and analysis.
- Willingness and ability to develop new quantitative skills and methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts.
- Training or experience in tracking project milestones (experience or familiarity with project management software/platforms/tools such as Microsoft Project or Asana are a plus)
- Previous work with Student Information Systems (SIS) and/or Learning Management Systems (LMS), Naviance, Microsoft Access or Oracle is a plus
- This position will require coordination of school-based data from Texas public schools and experience working with data from Texas public schools and/or familiarity with Texas public school data is a plus. (See TEA’s resources on Texas Academic Performance Reports and The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program)
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of teams, working on several projects at once and setting and meeting reasonable timelines
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your resume to Christine Lintz at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors, and visitors.
This role has access to sensitive and confidential information and is trusted to maintain this information, files, and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information, and other business-related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.