New Tech Network
New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. To intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network. NTN commits to creating an organization that reflects the communities we serve and where diversity / multiculturalism is an organizational asset.
Under the supervision of the College Access Project Director, the College Access Coach is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of a college access improvement community that yields improved student outcomes in postsecondary enrollment for students of color and low-income students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support school leaders, school college advisors, guidance counselors, and other school staff to regularly engage in continuous improvement efforts around college access.
- Contribute to the creation and curation of content to support college access work in schools.
- Support the use of student data tracking at the school level.
- Support the collection and reporting of data on key college access measures across all participating schools.
- Plan and facilitate trainings and professional development on college access.
- Work collaboratively with members of the project team and other NTN staff in face-to-face, virtual, and online environments.
- Provide regular written reports on the progress of participating schools, including identification of needs and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate time, expense, and activity records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise in college access counseling; minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in supporting students through matriculation, enrollment, persistence, and attainment.
- Experience planning and facilitating trainings and professional development experiences for school leaders and staff
- NTN is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity in our organization
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- An ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- An ability to work independently and as an effective member of teams
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times
- Training and experience with continuous improvement methods
- Prior experience working with low-income students and/or students of color and their families with demonstrable college access results
- Experience with data tracking systems such as Naviance or Salesforce
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Lintz at email@example.com.