Location: Napa Office
New Tech Network, a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network.
The Assistant position will provide administrative support to the CFO, Finance Department and Operations team, as well as manage and maintain day to day Napa Office needs. This position provides a wide range of administrative assistance functions; prepare reports, maintain custody of confidential documents and act as integral contact for both New Tech staff and external schools and vendors. Provide full office support; including but not limited to, greeting visitors, directing incoming calls, monitoring and ordering supplies, conference room calendar maintenance, handling of interoffice and intercompany communication, general office organization, filing, and occasional travel arrangements.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Include, but are not limited to):
- Managing and coordinating schedules for the CFO’s calendar and Operations team meetings
- General office administration and managing day to day tasks in the Napa Office including
- Organizing details, coordinating meals and other preparations for Napa Office based meetings (conference room scheduling and setup & breakdown of equipment). Some flexible and/or overtime hours are required for evening events
- Provide regular administrative support to the finance team
- Provide support as needed for the Napa Office, human resources and information technology
- Back up to the Manager of the Leadership Team
- Assist in Ops team meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, and coordinating follow up
- Provide support to the HR Director as needed
- Provide administrative support for long and short-term projects as directed by the CFO
- Supports CFO and accounting staff in during annual audit, preparing schedules and pulling evidence back up as needed
- Additional tasks as required to support the team
- Two to five years of similar administrative support experience
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Google drive
- Project management skills a plus
- Calm, positive, and professional demeanor
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to participate in shared learning within department and as an organization
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Willingly handles/responds to routine requests
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information and situations
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well with a diverse constituency
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain a professional, friendly, and cordial relationships with NTN staff, board members, external partners and schools.
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Sensible, responsible, and resourceful
- NTN is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity in our organization
- Model New Tech Network’s values at all times
- Comfort and familiarity working in and supporting a virtual work environment
- Minimal travel which includes overnight travel is required for this position (All Hands meeting(s))
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
Administrative Assistant to the CFO has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76F.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
If you have an interest in applying, please email Christine Lintz at email@example.com