Calling All New Tech Network Educators!
At the New Tech Annual conference in July 2018, we announced the Power of Us Award. The goal of the award is simple – to support a collaborative connection between two or more schools or individuals that impacts a school/schools in a meaningful way. We are pleased to announce the second Power of Us Award submission process has opened. Proposals must be received by November 1st, 2019 to be considered.
We believe that schools get better by being part of a community. Each and every educator in the Network is a driving force for innovation in education. Our hope is to become a knowledge network where we can face shared challenges and solutions together.
My big take-away is how rich and relevant it was to collaborate with a school that shares common practices. We jumped right in to find practical take-aways and philosophical approaches that will impact our schools, our facilitation, and our students.
-Cindy McMahon, Principal of The Community School
Learn more in the Power of Us FAQ.
Applications Due by November 1, 2019.
What is it?
New Tech Network is offering awards to stimulate more cross-school interaction and collaborative learning/work within the network.
Our hope is to curate, refine and share compelling examples of cross-school collaboration to increase the level of connection between members of the Network. This could be work between schools or between individuals from differing schools.
To receive “The Power of Us” award, you first must go through a brief online application process. You can apply as an individual and ask to be paired with another member of the network (outside of your own school) or you can apply to participate with another member of the network (outside of your own school) if you have one in mind or are currently working with someone on a project.
The expectation is that two or more people/schools within the network collaborate on a shared topic of interest. It is also expected that this work is shared with others in the Network in some way, shape or form. Ideas for work might be but are not limited to:
- A shared project that works to solve a problem in your school or community
- Creation of a shared resource that can be used throughout the Network for a common problem or need
- A shared learning experience that results in a resource for other educators (like a blog, essay, or written piece)
Bring your passion! We want to hear about how you want to connect with others in the Network in a meaningful way.
Any current New Tech Network leader, teacher, or facilitator may apply. Not all applications that are submitted will be funded. Application will be prioritized by the following criteria:
- Relevance to the Network: does this address a common or persistent problem across Network schools?
- Completeness: how thought-out is your idea and have you outlined all of the activities and any milestones?
- Equity-focused: how does your project or learning address the Opportunity Gap? Does your project or learning support minority or disenfranchised groups?
- Feasibility: is the budget you submitted realistic for what you are trying to accomplish? Is your idea doable within the constraints of a school year?
How Might the Money Be Used?
Awards will be granted in the amount of $2000 and can go up to $3,000 if more than two schools are involved, or individuals from more than two schools work together. Monies for this project could possibly be used, but is not limited to:
- Travel to an event/conference
- Fees for attending
- Travel for visiting your teammate
- Materials needed for the project